De-flea is an enzyme concentrate that naturally kills fleas on contact by compromising their outer-shell (exoskeleton).
De-Skunk is a patented cleanser that significantly reduces and/or removes horrible smells.
Grooming alone will not solve a flea infestation.
We’ve done our part. The rest is up to you!
Fleas are invasive. They spread prolifically and undesirably. Fleas have existed since the time of the dinosaurs, they survived the comet that caused the mass extinction event that killed off the dinosaurs, and to this day fleas are resistant to eradication. Fleas have evolved to survive. Ridding fleas from your pet and home once there is an observable problem is difficult, frustrating, time consuming, and expensive. Using a routine flea prevention treatment is the best way to keep fleas off your cat.
Cats in the City grooming is just one component to ridding your home and cat of fleas. You have several actions and responsibilities in order to keep fleas from returning.
All the money and effort expended today will be wasted and for not without you taking the following additional steps:
- We have fully groomed your cat and we have neutralized the fleas living on your cat, and living in the eye sockets and nostrils of your cat.
- You will see dead flea bodies on your cat. The fleas latch on to your cat tightly at the time of death. The fleas grip will loosen in the coming days and the flea bodies will shed naturally on their own.
- The grooming process included a flea dip, which neutralizes fleas on contact. We administered an oral treatment called Capstar to neutralize fleas in the eye sockets and nostrils. We also applied a monthly flea treatment called Cheristin.
- The treatments we used are not enough to solve your flea infestation alone. The treatments we used are not guaranteed and repeated grooming sessions may be required to fully solve your flea infestation.
- The source of the fleas in your home must be eradicated. Fleas can travel from neighbors who live upstairs, downstairs, and next door. Fleas can live in yards, basements, crawlspaces, attics, walls, bedding, litter boxes, and voids created by furniture. While treating your home yourself with home foggers and sprays is possible, remember that fleas survived the comet and fleas are likely to survive your efforts as well. A licensed exterminator is most skilled and best equipped to solve flea infestations in your home.
- Keep your cat on a monthly flea prevention treatment. You have two months of additional flea prevention treatments. Each monthly prevention treatment should be applied on a monthly schedule beginning one month from today. Please purchase additional flea prevention treatments before you run out of treatments. Any lapse in applying flea prevention can cause the flea infestation to return.
- Two additional oral Capstar treatments have been provided in case you see additional flea activity. Do not use Capstar more often than once per 24 hour period.
Optional Follow-up Grooming Session If you find live fleas on your cat within 30 days of today’s grooming appointment.
The De-Flea grooming package includes an optional second grooming session with a flea dip within 30 days of today’s appointment. Not all cats require a second grooming session, especially if you’ve hired an exterminator to eradicate the source of fleas in your home. Grooming alone is not enough to solve most residential flea infestations, and this followup grooming session is likely to fail as well if you haven’t involved additional professionals like a licensed exterminator and veterinarian. Most cats will not need this followup grooming session, so it is only for those cats who have a recurring flea infestation within 30 days of today’s appointment.
De-Flea Grooming Package – $649
- Total Package Grooming Session with Flea Dip
- Oral Capstar Administered Today, and 2 Additional Doses of Capstar to Use at Home
- Cheristin Monthly Flea Preventative Applied, and 2 Additional Doses of Cheristin to Use at Home on a Monthly Basis Starting One Month from Today
- An Optional Second Total Package Grooming Session within 30 Days of Today’s Appointment
If you see live fleas on your cat after today’s grooming appointment, your flea infestation is much bigger than grooming can solve. Your flea infestation will need to be solved by a licensed exterminator and a veterinarian.