Per Visit Pricing for Anytime Visits
Estimated Rates for Anytime Visits
1 – 4 Miles from Cats in the City: $55
5 – 6 Miles from Cats in the City: $65
7 – 8 Miles from Cats in the City: $75
9-10 Miles from Cats in the City: $95
11-12 Miles from Cats in the City $100
*Mileage calculated from the location nearest to you.
Overnight in your home: $95+
We arrive before 9:00 pm and leave by 8:00 am
*All prices are estimates.
*We are bonded and insured with $1 million in coverage.
*All cat sitting reservations require a non-refundable deposit equal to two cat sitting visits at the rate reserved, which is only billed if you cancel.
- Per Additional Cat- $10
- Every Other Day Service Requested- $10
- Oral Medication- $10 (unlimited oral medications)
- Eye Drops- $10 (unlimited drops)
- Topical Cream- $10 (unlimited locations)
- Injection Medication- $15 per injection
- Subcutaneous Fluids- $25
- Holiday Fee- $30
- Parking Fee- $4 (where street parking is metered)
Cat Sitting: When you have to leave home without them
Cats in the City’s Cat Sitting provides professional, in-home services—during the day, evening, and overnight.
A standard visit includes a professional cat sitter and the following services:
- Provide food and water for your pet(s)
- Medicate as directed (oral medication, topical cream, injection, subcutaneous fluid)
- Clean the litter box
- Pet and play with your cat
- Clean up any pet-related messes
At no extra charge, we will also:
- Bring in the mail and newspaper
- Water the plants
- Rotate lights
- Check locks and security systems
- Take the trash can to the curb and back again
- Other reasonable duties (please don’t ask us to clean windows!)
Overnight visits allow for arrival between 8 and 9 p.m., and departure the next morning, between 6 and 7 a.m.
How much is the care and safety of your pet worth? And how much for peace of mind?
Cats in the City doesn’t dabble in cat care. We specialize. Our pet sitting staff includes an animal behaviorist, an expert cat groomer, and an animal technician with three years of veterinary school education. We’re committed to a high standard. And we’re fully bonded and insured.
How it works
We start with a free cat sitting service consultation, which is done by telephone or at one of our facilities. You can register and reserve cat sitting services through our website. We can also be reached by email and text message. Get a head-start completing the electronic forms by clicking the buttons below. An optional in-home consultation can be scheduled at your usual cat sitting rate.
What does choosing our team mean to you?
1. You have a reliable adult who will show up as scheduled and perform ALL the tasks required.
2. Cats in the City is available 365 days a year.
3. Our cat-sitters are knowledgeable and experienced, so they can make informed decisions about your pet, including identifying and alerting you of possible health issues.
4. You return to a tidy home without feces and dried-up hairballs to clean up or the stench of a messy litter box.
5. Most importantly, your cat has received regular and ample food, water, medicine, and love—not necessarily in that order. Kitty is relaxed, and may even greet you warmly, instead of the dreaded snub.
Daniel Lioy-Ryan, Ph.D.
Daniel earned a doctorate in neuroscience from OHSU with a focus on animal behavior. Daniel fuels Cats in the City and he has devotedly cared for cats as lead cat sitter for over a decade in Portland, Oregon. Daniel is a property owner and manager so he understands how to keep a home functioning optimally while you travel. Daniel is also an expert gardener and aquarium caretaker.
Shola Lawson, B.A.
Shola Lawson is an alumna of the women's studies program at Portland State University. When not nesting in her Northeast Portland home with her lovely and loyal cat companion (Reva), Shola is a pet photographer.
Shawn Lioy-Ryan, MSW
Shawn earned his graduate degree is social work and served patients facing end-of-life. After training cats for animal assisted therapy, Shawn co-founded Cats in the City. Shawn has supervised the grooming of more than 10,000 cats and he has been a professional cat sitter for more than ten years in Portland, Oregon. Shawn is a homeowner and property manager so he understands how to keep your home running optimally while you travel.
Maggie Creviston is an absolute lover of cats and she has been surrounded by animals since a young age. Growing up in in a rural community provided Maggie with the opportunity to care for farm animals big and small. Maggie is a graduate of Portland State University and she loves to have adventures in the wilderness on her mounting bike.